// About The Geek Street
cout << AboutUs
In the past, being a geek was not usually considered “cool.” If you liked video games, anime, board games, sci-fi movies or comics, you were considered to be a bit different, and not in a good way. It even used to be a bit complicated to find other people who shared your interests.
However, the world has changed. Now, more than ever, people are embracing the geek view of the world. Reading fantasy is now considered cool thanks to Harry Potter. Watching sci-fi movies and TV shows is more mainstream now due to moves like the new Star Wars and shows like Rick & Morty and The Expanse.
Although us geeks have always taken a lot of pride in our differences, the fact that a lot of “regular” folks are getting drawn into interests that once only we shared is actually very good news. With the huge growth the market is experiencing, it is now possible to find a ton of items related to our hobbies when before it was almost impossible.
If you browse an online store catalogue or go to almost any big shopping mall, you can find more geeky games, gifts, gear, toys and accessories than you could have imagined just a few years ago. For that reason, here at The Geek Street we want to help you find just the best in all things geek so you can fully immerse yourself in the world of geek and truly enjoy this Golden Age of Geek.
The Geek Street was born with just a single goal in mind, we want to help geeks all over the world find the most useful and interesting articles, products and information. It does not matter if you geek out over video games, comic books, or even about just learning new things, whatever it is you are looking for we got you covered.
The Geek Street Topics
- Gadgets and gear → If redecorating your house with Star Trek merchandise sounds like a great plan to you, you will love these sections. Here you can find all kinds of useful yet unusual items that will help bring your day-to-day to a whole new level. After all, preparing breakfast with a Darth Vader toaster is much better than using a regular one. And why go to work wearing a normal t-shirt when you can have a bacteriophage on your shirt.
- Video games → If there is atypical geek hobby it has to be related to the digital entertainment world. It does not matter if you are already an expert and have been playing games since the times of the NES, if you are starting out with the new generation consoles or if you love the PC Master Race; here you will find all the information you need to take this interest to a whole new level. With unusual game recommendations and lists that will help you max out the fun you get from gaming, The Geek Street is here to level-up your gamings.
- Board games → Although not as popular as their digital counterparts, boardgames are slowly making a comeback. If you have only played chess or checkers, this section will open your eyes to the huge world of possibilities in this field. Soon you will be unable to live without board games and on your way to being a board game geek.
- Toys → Who said toys are only for kids? A lot of geeks secretly (or not so secretly) enjoy relaxing and goofing around with toys every once in a while. In this section we will help you find the best toys out there.
- Music → Most people nowadays listen to the same songs; basically, anything that is trendy on the radio or a song that has a catchy tune. Although there is nothing necessarily wrong with liking Top 40 music, it is also true that geeks usually have a deeper and more complex tastes. It does not matter if your thing is classic rock, punk music, bitpop or metal; here you will find information about the best albums from nearly every genre you can think of.
- Gifts → We all know that getting a gift for a geek can be a very difficult task. Even if you are a geek yourself you may have trouble deciding on the latest gift you want. If birthdays or other special occasions fill you with anxiety, worry not, here at The Geek Street you will find a huge number of ideas to help you find the best gift for yourself or your loved ones.
Who We Are
The Geek Street is a website created for geeks by geeks. The team is composed of people who grew up loving fantasy, video games, sci-fi and other unusual hobbies as much as you do. Our passion is in helping fellow geeks and showing geeks that being a geek is a good thing.
The Geek Street community is an ever-growing, ever-expanding one and we would love to have you on board. If you have any suggestions about what you would like to see on our site, have any questions or comments, or just want to say “hi,” please contact us. Also, show your support for the geeks here by sharing articles and links you enjoy. Feel free to share your own geek site or website with us too. We are even looking for other geek writers if you want to help build our community or have a geek topic you are passionate about.
Welcome to The Geek Street family. We hope to hear from you. In the meantime, we will keep on providing you with latest geek content.
May The Force Be With You
The Geek Street may earn a small commission for any endorsements, recommendations, testimonials and/or links to any products or services from our website. Funds help support The Geek Street in bringing you quality content about all things geek. Thank you for your support in our mission.